“If you linger on the past, you can never move forward. Holding grudges, believing that people never change or that you can’t change yourself, you will never progress in your life.”
The Minerva Leadership Program seeks to inspire, educate and empower young women leaders who are civically oriented and socially conscious in the spirit of Minerva to be the architects of their own lives and make a difference in the world. Each year since 2004, five hundred young women have been guests of The Women’s Conference through the Minerva Leadership Program.
The Minverva Leadership Program seeks to provide the following to participants:
- Expose them to the most influential individuals in our state, in our nation and in the world.
- Provide an unforgettable day with meaningful and inspirational lessons on leadership, service and empowerment.
- Encourages them to continue to serve others and to build their own legacies.
The program selects a group of impressive young women who are civically and socially involved and look to make a difference in their communities and beyond. Minerva Leaders are:
- Ethnically a demographically diverse California women ages 16 to 22.
- Representatitves of colleges and universities, high schools, nonprofit service and leadership organizations.
- Proven leaders in their schools and communities who have also performed significant community service hours.
Including 2008, the Minerva Leadership Program will hit impressive numbers as:
- Each year, five hundred women pledge an additional 20 hours of service as a condition of participating in the program.
- Over 80,000 hours of service hours will be completed these young women leaders through the program since its inception four years ago.
- A total of over 2,500 program alumni will be able to continue their participation in the conference community through special Online discussions.